Thursday 19 May 2011

AN UNUSUAL PRESENT

Last Saturday was one of my best friend’s birthday. In Maó, I and four friends more (Pilli, Raquel, Miriam and Andrea) decided to prepare her a little surprise, a special present…but with a very clear hint I’m going to explain later.
Few days before her party we all went shopping, in order to buy her some things we thought she would like (like a jacket, a bracelet, two pairs of earrings and so on), and furthermore, we took a big empty box to put all the presents inside.
On Saturday, we had to go to her house at half past five, but apart from this things we have bought to her we wanted to prepare her a surprise-gift, so, we collected all the materials we needed to made it (it was a rocket, because she is always late!) and at half past three we went to my house and began making it. We took more than an hour to build it. We also made her a martian. Then we filled the box with lots of small pieces of paper, fake presents… we wrapped all the presents, including some jokes more like two toothbrushes or three packages of popcorn and we closed the box. Then we cut her name’s letters of cardboard and we painted them. We fixed the letters on the box and afterwards we wrapped the big box too. I took many photos, and to take one of them I wanted to climb on a chair in order to take it from the top and I fell on the floor, but fortunately I didn’t get hurt. After this we couldn’t stop laughing.
Finally we arrived at her home an hour and a half later! She was a bit angry, but when she saw the big present and began opening it she wasn’t angry anymore. She was really surprised and happy, she understood why we had arrived late and she almost cries when she read a letter and a dedication we wrote to her with a photo of all together.

Cristina Melià Seguí, 2nd Batx. B

2 comments:

  1. you are such a good friends. I've liked the rocket, it seems so special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cris!
    Your friend must've been very happy. My friends prepared me a surprise party for my eighteen birthday too. I enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete