Sunday 15 May 2011

LIFE AND STRESS

I’m going to talk about stress, because I think it’s an interesting topic and because nowadays everyone suffers it at any moment, you can hear many people saying: “I’m so stressed”. There are many ways of dealing with it, but I’m going to explain how I deal with it, my personal case.

First of all, I think that stress is caused by an uneffective way of managing our time and energy, because, for example, when I wake up in the morning I’m bad humoured and I want to sleep longer. During the week, when I go to school, I spend a lot of energy trying not to fall asleep (especially during the first three hours) and trying to listen to the teacher. This happens to me too when I have an exam, because I haven’t slept many hours due to having to study and I feel tired and really nervous. I spent a lot of energy trying to remember what I’ve studied. Sometimes there are some teachers who cause us stress, because they talk and explain too fast and we don’t have time enough to copy what he or she is saying. During the afternoon I want to do a lot of things and I haven’t got enough times, so, I also get stressed. Some days I finish doing these things really late, and I’m very tired. I haven’t got energy, because I’ve spent it during the day. I think I don’t also manage my time effectively either because, for example, when I have an exam I always wait until the day before to study, and then I get stressed because I don’t have enough time to study. When I’m stressed I normally play the piano, because it helps me relax, or I listen to classical music (which calms me down) trying to breath slowly in order to reduce the quantity of oxygen my brain has. I suffer anxiety, which is really disgusting, and sometimes it’s due to stress, because I get really nervous. When this happens to me, I usually take a pill, which helps me to calm down too. These are the ways I normally deal with stress.

To conclude, I want to emphasize that I don’t manage my time and energy effectively, and I should change this, because due to it I feel always nervous and stressed. This also happens to many people.

Cristina Melià, 2nd Batxillerat B

6 comments:

  1. It's quite good as your composition has sense. However, I think you should use more connectors because I think it needs to be more joined

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cris, I'm agree with you. These days are stressful and we are tired... I'm one of those people who also happens to them, so I take pills too.
    Ah, you have to play me your new song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much but I think that you may do more pharagrafs or use more connectors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly, managing your time and your energy is very difficult, I'm agre with you. I think you should have used more conectors because in the second paragragh you mostly begin with "I..." Despite this, well done and try to relax and sleep properly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristina, i like your composition! This days we are suffering stress, because we have a lot of exams! I think it is an interesting topic for debate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Cris, I agree!Maybe you can use more connectors and paragragh.... but I like your composition!
    Exams are going to get us mad! You must be calm!!! I don't want that you get nervous and suffer anxiety!

    ReplyDelete