Tuesday 17 May 2011

SMOKING BAN


As the government has imposed a new law recently which forbids the sale of tabacco, I am going to talk about this smoking ban, because as far as I’m aware, this issue has been discussed all over the country. What is more, due to the tough law, people have wrangled about this topic. Therefore, I will give my view.
As far as I’m concerned, I’m for it, so I will argue it reasonably. First of all, I think that this idea is great, because It’s not that the government want to bother us, but they try to encourage people to give up smoking as well as banning to smoke in establishments in order not to annoy the people who aren’t smokers. Furthermore, It’s seems to me that the latter could diminish the smoky atmosphere in bars or pubs, where you can’t cope with that.

Otherwise, the owners of establishments could be ruined owing to the new ban. Moreover, it is believed that the costumers, who used to go for a coffee, let their coffee go as they can’t do their diary cigarette. So, the owners are worried. For this reason, the people who run a bar have been claiming for altering what could be the cause of being broke.

To sum up, on one hand, I’m for the law because it could be the point which ends with diseases. On the other hand, I’m against because lots of workers depend on these people who used to go to the bar in order to have a coffee as well as smoking their diary cigarette.
Salomé Mir Sánchez

2 comments:

  1. I think that you say something wrong, you say that the sale of tabacco is forbidden and I think that the law said that it was banned to smoke in some places but you have buy tabacco if you want. Despite this, I'm agree with you but I think that bars and restaurants owners will lose money because of this law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sara, i also think that bars and restaurant will lose a lot of money but on the other hand i think for people who don't smoke is a good law.

    ReplyDelete