Saturday 21 May 2011

BINGE DRINKING


“Botellon” in Spain is an actual and controversial issue. It consists of drinking in the streets or parks. This practise is prohibited by the Spanish government; however, the law isn’t obeyed.

The advantages of “botellon” are obvious. On the one hand, Spaniards like going out at night, but the alcoholic drinks that pubs and clubs serve are very expensive, for this reason, teens prefer getting drunk in the street. On the other hand, despite “botellon” is prohibited, a lot of teens do it and consequently, you can meet people.

Nevertheless, there are more arguments against. If you drink in the street or parks, you can be fined by police, however when there are a lot of people drinking, the police can’t do anything. Another argument against is that when teens finish drinking, they don’t pick up the rubbish, for this reason neighbours complain. The owners of pubs and clubs are also complaining because people don’t consume their alcoholic drinks.

In my opinion, I’m a teenager and I also think that alcohol drinks are very expensive, for this reason, I think that the best solution is to crate a special area where teens can drink.

Pol Frau Vendrell 2ºC

2 comments:

  1. Pol! I agree with you because I also think that the Government should creat a special area.
    The composition has a lot of connectors and it has a good estructure. I give you a 7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pol I absolutely agree with you, the idea of creating a special area for the bottle is magnificent.
    In addition especially for teens who do not have a great economy and to pay the alcohol in bars and pubs we would be too expensive.

    This text is well structured and well understood, I give a 6.5

    ReplyDelete