Tuesday 17 May 2011

SCARY BIRTHDAY


I won’t ever forget the previous day of my birthday, which my parents wanted to celebrate. It was winter and my parents had been looking for tickets in order to take some days off and to travel somewhere. Luckily they managed to find an amazing place in a pirineos’ valley. When we arrived, there were four of us, my brother, my parents and me. At first we expected to find a comfortable village. However, we realized that nobody had been living there for years; due to the lonely house among the trees, which were covered of snow. In spite of that disappointing scene, we felt like having fun.
Fortunately, it was a sunny day. Although the forecast said that in the afternoon it would be snowing. So we decided to go for a walk. On the way back, I didn’t pay attention to them while they were talking about taking another track, owing to staring at a squirrel, which I had fed with some nuts. As soon as it was getting dark I noticed that I was on my own. Unluckily, I had left my mobile phone, so I couldn’t get in touch with them, for this reason I got nervous. Suddenly, I heard some squeaky noises but I ignored them because I wanted to pretend to be brave. But then, in the distance I could see a shadow but I wanted to believe that I was making up unreal things. Later it began to snow, so I took shelter from it.
Afterwards, I sat on a rock inside a wide cave, which seemed comfortable. Angrily I couldn’t help crying and complaining, because I felt upset and frightened; when, all of a sudden, I felt a cold hand over my shoulder. It was dark, so instead of turning my head, I kicked the person who was behind me. At the end, some people burned some wood so as to be able to see and, happily they began to sing happy birthday. They were my family, but also my friends who had travelled to pirineos and who had been waiting into the cave so far. Finally, I remember laughing at my brother, because during the party he was getting over from the kick.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice story! That's a real birthday Salo, if you're story is true, I think all of us would like to have the family you have.
    I think you've done a good job, however, I have to tell you that in the second paragraph you repeat "but" twice, and If I were you, I would change one of them in order to improve the quality of the text. As always, well done :)

    ReplyDelete