Tuesday 17 May 2011

Is our society too obsessed with problems of weight and fitness? Explain

Nowadays there are many problems related to health which are caused by eating disorders, which are becoming more and more popular in our societies.
I think that these kind of illnesses such as anorexia or bulimia, which are maybe the most common ones, are usually suffered by teenagers that have been strongly influenced on their body images. And it seems to me that it is the media’s fault. If they don’t see themselves looking the way as models do, they can become obsessed with their body image until many of them fall seriously ill.
Although some governments are making an effort to finish with these health problems, trying to eliminate stereotypes, I think that it is difficult, because most of the more popular fashion retailers don’t want to change their way of sending their products.
Finally, I think that our society is too obsessed with their image, but there is also another important disease which is obesity, being the opposite of anorexia. So, as I see it, it’s very important to take care of your weight and fitness, because it’s a question of health, but it isn’t good to bring it to the limit, as it is happening now; what’s best is to keep on the average.
Paula Seguí Llull 2nd Batx A

6 comments:

  1. I've talked about this issue in my composition and I agree with you when you say that people are obsessed with their figure,because, as i see it, they should take care what they eat as well as being fit, but they must always be aware of the diseases, that can turn up if they don't eat or if they eat too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula :)
    thank you for writing comments in my posts! I'll comment yours too! I've read your opinion and I think it's well done. the only mistake I think you've committed is repeating "which" twice in the first paragraph, but the rest is perfect! I agree with you too, I think that people want to be like the skinny actresses they can see in Television, magazines or simply like the mannequins which are in shop windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your essay, Paula. I think this year has been really clear that we should take care of our health and eating habits because of the selectivitat exam we did during the easter holidays and the text of our last English exam we've done this morning! Hahaha. Well done, Paula, I like your own style when you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, I'd read the other day and I like it. I'm agree with you, in fact, I have got the same, until I thought it was my writing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talk about obessity and fitness in my composition. I think that your text is perfect, I like very it very much and I have the same opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, my ipinion essay is also about this topic. I would like you to comment my post too, but we have the same opinion. I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete