Saturday 14 May 2011

SHOULD MEN AND WOMEN SHARE HOUSEWORK?

In my opinion, the man’s role in household duties has changed dramatically compared to the previous years, but still today (or it seems to me), in the twenty-first century, there is still discrimination against women.
First of all, although many men do things, most household chores are done by women. So, they have a double duty: on the one hand they have their own work (they can be doctors, architects, teachers...) and, on the other hand they have housework to do. Many of them, when they arrive home, despite being tired, have to cook, iron, wash dishes... On the contrary, many men arrive home and relax on the sofa and wait for women to do everything.
I think men should work more at home. This is because society years ago educated women as submissive to men. For this reason, before they were taught to cook and iron, men were taught to work and relax. Seeing that, a lot of people think that housework is easier for women, but they are wrong. They forget that, in the past, women didn't work and, consequently had more time to do this type of things.
To conclude, I'm convinced that men should work more at home. And, if they don't know, for example, how to cook, they must learn, because no-one was born knowing!
Paula Gómez de Tejada Espinosa, 2º bax. B

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you paula! I think society has changed a lot but related to household duties, women still do more work than men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you and I think your arguments are completely pertinent, correct. Moreover, the text is really fluent and easy to read and understand. I give you a 9.5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula I give you a 10, because I think your composition is perfect and, what's more, the topic is quite good because all women are aware of what men do, and that's nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is a good composition since firstly Paula not only give her opinion, but also many reasons and some example that make it easy to read and easyto understand, congraulation for such a good composition!!

    ReplyDelete