Saturday 14 May 2011

THE SMOKING BAN

Some people think that the new smoking ban will decrease the number of smokers in Spain. Other people consider that it will be a complete disaster for restaurants and pubs owners. In my opinion, people will get used to it and nobody will talk about it.
For one thing is clear, smoking is bad for our health; experts think that if people don’t smoke in public places there will be a reduction in lung cancers, especially when we talk about people such as waiters, who work in places where smoking is something natural. This is one of the reasons why the government has decided to go on with the prohibition despite the criticism of smokers in general.
However, in my opinion, this law should have been passed before. We must not forget that this same government allowed pubs and restaurants to create special rooms for smokers. Consequently they spent a lot of money just two or three years ago and now they are not allowed to use those spaces.
In short, there will always be different opinions and points of view about smoking but I honestly think that everybody will be pretty happy about the new legislation in the future.
JOSÉ Mª MORILLAS JIMÉNEZ 2n Batx. C

6 comments:

  1. Morillas! I have to give you my congratulations. You have made a really good opinion essay. I give you a 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fina Salord would say "Rodó. Un 10". I will give you the same mark because I don't find anything wrong. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good composition and It's easy to understand, what's more, it has sence. However, you sould have used more connectors and new vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I agree with your opinion,I don't know if this law is going to reduce the number of smokers in Spain, but I think this law will mean an improve. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the ban may bring good results.

    ReplyDelete